Neurosurgery is related to diagnose and treat diseases of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. The most important surgical interventions in Jordan are:
- Brain tumors (benign and malignant) surgeries using navigation, which increases the accuracy of the surgery and reduces the side effects.
- Burr hole surgery for evacuation of hemorrhage.
- Vertebral fractures, herniated discs, minimally invasive spine surgery and spinal tumor excision surgery.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization operations for diseases of the carotid and cerebral arteries.
- Peripheral nerve surgeries, from exploring and grafting of damaged nerves
- Release of nerve entrapments as in carpal tunnel operations and cubital tunnel operations.